In compliance with Law no. 260/2008, in order to be able to take out an optional house insurance, the prior take-out of an Insurance Policy against Natural Disasters (PAD), issued by PAID (the Pool of Defense against Natural Disasters), is mandatory.
About the Insurance
The optional policy insures the buildings with the housing destination, along with the movables and immovables situated within the declared risk localization perimeter and towards which the individual or legal entity Insured, as: owner, tenant, administrator, custodian or another legally established capacity, should have a patrimonial interest, namely:
Buildings and other constructions having the housing destination: apartments in blocks of flats, apartments in villas, houses, villas, chalets or other constructions intended for permanent or temporary habitation (holiday houses).
The independent building with the housing destination is insured as the entire construction, respectively with: foundation, base, walls, ceilings, roof, bottom-boards, windows, doors, stairs, attics, elevator shaft.
The annexes and appurtenances in the Insured’s household/housing unit: storehouses, sheds, barns, garages, saunas, outside pools, fencing, lockers, cellars, service rooms, etc., can usually be insured only along with the building with housing destination, with the Insured’s consent and the express mention thereof in the policy and/or the specification to the insurance policy, as well as of the insured amount corresponding to each.
The electric, hydraulic, thermal, sanitary installations and equipment, fitting out and serving the buildings and the constructions, and which are situated in the insured perimeter, are considered as being a component part of the building /construction. the following are comprised in this category: interior electric installations(except for chandeliers, lamps, lamp shades, recessed lighting fittings, sockets; sanitary water supply installations from inside the building (excluding the hydrophore and the boiler); sewerage installations inside the building (including the water pipes, draining pipes); sanitary items inside the building (taps, built-in or embedded tubs, sinks, toilets etc.); central heating installations (excluding the equipment of the thermal power plant station – this is usually insured within a supplement of the policy); gas installations; ventilation installations (excluding the electric fans and the air conditioning appliances); the veneering materials attached to the ceiling, walls, bottom board, false ceilings; terracotta or built-in stoves.
The fixed installations providing the general functionality of the building are considered as being insured only if the value thereof is comprised in the insured amount and if they were expressly mentioned in the policy or the insurance specification. The following are comprised in this category: the thermal power station, the centralized or local air conditioning installation, elevator, radio/ TV/Satellite antenna, boiler, pump station – hydrophore, etc.).
Property in the insured’s house means those goods in a building / apartment, in the annexes, as well as in the construction structures in the yard and on the land surrounding the building.
As a rule, the following goods are comprised in the insurance: furniture, carpets and moquettes, interior decorations, household appliances, electric and electronic household appliances, electronic, photo and audio-video equipment, musical instruments, clothes, footwear, bedspreads, furs, household tools.
ATTENTION! Some insurers insure the property considered more expensive or the luxury ones only if they are nominated in an annex to the policy. The value limit starting from which the nomination is mandatory is specific to each insurer.
GENERAL TAX PROVISIONS
According to the applicable tax legislation, the insurance premiums are not VAT bearing.
Any insurance indemnity afferent to the insurance contract and the additional clauses is not subject to the income tax. These tax specifications are valid subject to the amendment of the tax legislation (the Tax Code and any other legislative act adopted for the application thereof).
FLEXA - Fire, Thunder, Explosion, Crash of aircrafts on the house, of parts thereof or of the transported objects or the impact therewith, except for explosive devices;
Earthquake: seism – strong and sudden earth movement, of tectonic, volcanic origin, etc., including the indirect effects thereby caused, only for the insured risks (fire/explosion produced as a consequence of an earthquake);
Flood from natural causes:
a. overflow of a stream, of a lake or of the sea or from the creation or overflow of torrents;
b. accumulation of the water originating from the atmospheric precipitations or snow melt in low areas, deprived of draining possibilities or with low possibilities of water discharge;
c. ground water coming to the surface and/or on the bottom-board of the lowest room of the insured building;
d. water from rains or melted snow penetrating the building directly from the ground level, covering parts of the building with a water layer.
Landslide: smooth shift of the land following a tectonic movement or the erosion due to natural causes.
Natural catastrophes and disaster must be certified by specialized institutions, accredited to acknowledge the occurrence thereof (the National Institute of Seismology, meteorological stations, other accredited governmental institutions, etc.) or governmental announcements.
Accidental collapse of objects (rocks, trees, poles or any similar objects that are not part of the insured property and the movement whereof is due to the gravitation effects, etc.).
Accidental and unintentional hit of the insured housing unit and enclosing fence from the outside, by road vehicles, other than those belonging to the Insured, the family members or agents thereof.
Sonic boom: direct action of the pressure generated by the break of the sonic wall by an aircraft.
Atmospheric phenomena: storm, hail, heavy rain, hurricane, tempest, tornado. The indirect effects caused by the penetration of the water through the breaks and fractures caused to the roof, walls, doors and windows by the violent manifestation of the atmospheric phenomena are inclusively indemnified.
Weight of the snow, ice layer or avalanche
Accidental damages of the water installations
Theft: theft of the insured property by break-in; theft of the insured property by robbery actions, theft by the use of the original keys.
Damages produced as a consequence of:
- war (even undeclared), invasion or the action of a foreign enemy, civil war, revolt, revolution, rebellion, insurrection, military dictatorship, conspiracy, strikes, civil commotions, terrorism;
- confiscation, expropriation, nationalization, requisition, seizure, destruction or damaging by the order of any de jure or de facto government or any public authority;
- atomic explosion, radiations or radioactive infestation, following the use of the atomic power or fissionable materials;
- pollution or contamination of any nature and due to any cause;
- produced by the earthquake to frescoes, mural decorations, yards, stairs and other exterior structures;
- produced to appliances and installations, which are consequences of a fire or explosion fie to the wear and tear or poor maintenance;
- produced by thunder to the electric appliances and installations, unless the thunder was followed by fire;
- produced to the installations themselves and the costs afferent to the repair thereof;
- due to the wear and tear, rust, corrosion or poor maintenance of the pipes or installations;
- produced upon the technical trials/ tests or damages produced as a consequence of the repair work to the defective installation or to buildings following the interventions to the defective installation;
- produced during the construction or repair work to the buildings;
- caused by the penetration of the rain water, hail or snow (including the water resulted from the melted snow) through the unclosed windows, cracks of the roof, terraces, walls, bridges or other gaps, unless these gaps are produced by the insured risks;
- produced by water freezing in the pipes, tanks, vessels etc., as a consequence of the Insured’s negligence or of the family members thereof;
- caused by the works in the underground, tunnels, stone pits, gravel, sand and clay extractions;
- caused by vibrations/trepidations due to the (road, railway) circulation,
- produced by landslides caused by human actions;
- produced to appliances and installations, that are consequences of a fire or explosion due to wear and tear, malfunction, material defects or poor maintenance.
The Insurer does not grand indemnification either for:
- damages produced by the artificial change of a water course, overflows from barrier lakes or other hydrotechnical works, the water level increase and the overflow or rivers and lakes, which are known to be happening regularly (yearly), by ground water penetrating or infiltrating inside the house, producing damping of the bottom-boards, wall dampness, etc.;
- damages caused by the settlement, cracking, contraction, protrusion or distention of the foundations, walls, floors, ceilings or roofs, unless such phenomena are directly caused by an insured risk;
- damages produced to the electric installations and appliances (including connection cables) only by the action of the electric power itself, overvoltage or overheating, if they were not followed by fire;
- damages produced by vehicles in motion within the perimeter of the insured premises;
- windowpane breaks as a consequence of a non-insured risk;
- wear and tear, oxidation, fumigation, erosion, corrosion, rusting, staining or gradual deterioration of the insured property;
- damages produced by graffiti;
- damages caused by animals, insects, rodents, bird and other pests;
- damages caused by microorganisms, fungi;
- degradation of the surfaces following the exposure to a normal heat source, including to the goods subject to fire or heat for processing;
- ignition or use by the Insured or the agents thereof or open fire in spaces where combustible, inflammable or easily inflammable products are stored or used or around buildings made up of combustible materials;
- damages produced by fire started from uncleaned, defective chimneys or around which inflammable materials are stored;
- damages produced by the fire started from improvised installations (electrical or heating);
- action of the explosive devices, ammunition, guns, implosions;
- collapse of the buildings following the design errors or the construction defects, the use of construction materials with latent defects, poor maintenance of the buildings, the age or degradation status thereof, without connection with any of the insured risks;
- simple theft – for which there are no signs of break-in, theft by deceipt;
- damages produced to the non-insured house as a consequence of theft by break-in or actions or robbery of the insured property;
- compensation claims resulting from moral damages, even if they are the results of a civil sentence;
- damages caused by the intentional production of the insured risk, by the Insured or by the family members thereof (setting intentional fire on the house, production or explosions or floods for the purpose of deterioration or destruction of the house or other insured property, without limitation thereto), if they result from the documents elaborated by the relevant authorities;
- damages produced by the severe fault of the insured, of the family members thereof or other people for whom they are liable in terms of the damage occurrence.
The individual or legal entity wishing for the risk to be taken over by the insurance company undertakes:
- to correctly provide the information related to the scope of the insurance and the risk that the property /real estate is subject to;
- to pay the insurance premium, according to the due dates indicated in the insurance contract;
- to communicate in writing to the insurer if any element communicated upon the policy take-out changes;
- to take measures for the avoidance of the trigger of the insured risk;
- to allow to the insurance company to verify whether the conditions imposed for the avoidance of risks were implemented or the manner of maintenance of the property/real estate;
- to notify as soon as possible, upon the occurrence of the insured risk, the police fire department or relevant authorities, depending on the situation, and to request thereto to fill in evidentiary documents related to the circumstances, the extension and causes for the occurrence of the event, that they shall entrust to the insurance company;
- to inform the insurance company, within maximum 48 hours, about the occurrence of the insured event;
- to take the necessary measures related to the limitation of the extension of the produced damages;
- to allow to the inspectors to assess the damage by the non-alteration of the condition of the insured real estate/property;
- to inform the insurance company if they are confronted with the situation of being sued due to the occurrence of the insured risk, at least 10 days before the first hearing date.